Monday, June 9, 2014

Argentina: Week 42



I am doing so great family!!!!!

So the low down of this week is that I cut my own hair because it started to bother me.

We found a family of 6 but we aren’t sure if they are going to progress because they have started to avoid us and make excuses for why they can’t listen to us when we set up a cita and come back. The dad has a SERIOUS addiction to alcohol, which is why we were pretty excited because they seemed to be out of other options. The son who is 13 has the most GORGEOUS eyes in the world and I kind of want to steal them for my future husband.

Today we are going ice skating!!!! I'm super super excited because I have wanted to go skating for so long. The bad thing is I will probably have a ton of bruises and be super sore for a couple weeks, but ITS WORTH IT!!!

Well, going on to the more spiritual part of things, I want to share another personal study that I had! It is actually a group of personal studies, but with the same theme. I was studying about faith and how to get more, which helped me understand in that quest a lot of things about the concept of faith. Faith isn’t measured by quantity but rather by quality. Faith is an action of power based on genuineness, purity, and unmixed quality and is preceded by sincerity of disposition and humbly of soul.

In a specifically down time that I had this last week, I received the answer to my prayers in the scripture Ether 12:37 which reads:
37 And it came to pass that thLord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful;wherefore, thy garmentshall be made cleanAnd because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which have preparein the mansions of my Father.
The reason I am sharing this is because I want to encourage you all in your righteous efforts. I think that sometimes we get discouraged because we feel like we stand alone in the decisions we feel that we make that are good in the sight of God. Know that all of your efforts to be better don’t go unnoticed even if only He is the one who takes note. I love you all!! Thank you for supporting me in this amazing time that I have to be here to learn and grow!

Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment