Monday, June 9, 2014

Argentina: Week 40

First of all I received an answer to my prayer a couple weeks ago where Heavenly Father told me something I would like to share with you all. "When you are discouraged, seek a clear conscience and be obedient, and you will obtain exaltation because of your righteousness."

I have studied a lot these past weeks about different things and many of them have changed my perspective entirely. One such study was about desires. Our desires are what motivate us and make it so that we are teachable and therefore humble. In order to change our desires to agree with God's will we must change our thoughts. Always think of Christ and what He would do and our desires will be in line with His (we will come to know Him and the Atonement). Our desires define who we are, so who do you want to be? Satan attacks our thoughts so much because that is the beginning of every sin. We change our nature as we change our thoughts.

My next study that I want to share is about becoming a disciple of Christ. To be a disciple of Christ we must be willing to give EVERYTHING to Him (time, talents, fears, laziness, etc). "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Faith is to know and act on the promises of God. The world may seem like it is falling apart and we may have confidence in that because that is what we see, but that is not acting in faith. The gospel exists to help us to develop the faith sufficient to be saved. He gives us trials so that we can have the opportunity to grow in our faith and rely on Him or His servants. He is showing us love when He gives us weaknesses so that we have ways to improve and can use His Atonement.

One of the most important studies I have had was about the Atonement and the sacrifice of God. All unhappiness/sin comes from us being disobedient to some law/commandment of God. Christ suffered for the disobedience of every person. When we deny our will and follow that of God, we are becoming perfect and drawing unto Him. When we put ourselves, our will, our desires/wishes/dreams before those of God we are putting ourselves as a God before Him. He gives us moments of difficulty to put off ourselves as God and submit to Him. Submit to His will and not be prideful even when we dont have desires to pray or be humble.

I love you all so so so much! Please write me and I will find the time to write back! I hope that you all learned from my experiences as much as I did. :)

Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment