Monday, November 18, 2013

Argentina: Week 16

Sometimes I wish that P-day wasn't after Sunday because when you don't have investigators who actually attend church you don't have any excitement for anything and all that I had wanted to tell you all during the week seems pointless. What I would like to tell you is that life is not hopeless. This past week was really really hard. I don't like being in a trio and sincerely hope that I never have to do it again. Understand that my companions are nice and I get along with them generally well, but it is still really really hard. I had this moment after church where I just couldn't understand how to cope with failure after failure. Why hasn't Heavenly Father trusted me more with success? That is when I read a scripture that touched my heart and gave me the strength and understanding I needed to carry on. If you are struggling with anything turn to the scriptures. Turn to your Savior for strength and understanding. Church is a way to repent and start new. Start your day/week/month/life in a new way. Change what you don't like, keep what you do. The gospel is simple and so is happiness. It is us who get in the way of that simple truth.

Anyway, Love you!

Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment