Sunday, November 3, 2013

Argentina: Week 13

My companion is leaving!

I was begging her for a besito but she wouldn't give me one because she had already given me like 5.

I was going to send pictures of me and my new companions but it isn't working. I will try more after I write the email. I´m doing good, but struggling because I haven't been able to work for the past week in my area. I worked on Tuesday, but after that I had to go to another area so that those sisters could work in their area before we went to Neuquen to get our new companions. I have a companion from Nicaragua and one from Utah, but the one from Utah spoke Spanish all her life so they are both technically Latina.

I have mainly been focusing on helping the Elders with their area and finding a pension because I´m the only one who knows anything that was left behind here. I don't really have too much to say except that with the sudden change in speaking castellano all the time, I am a little sick of it. I am also suddenly aware of how much Heavenly Father has helped me change and grow, and I feel him changing my mind about things. I hope some day I can get to the point where he has changed me enough that I am worthy to see Him face to face like Moses. I have no words to describe how amazing a mission is. Of course it is harder than anyone can possibly imagine without actually having experienced it, but because of those harder things I have been able to draw close to my savior and use the Atonement. I have considered more and more how we let the world get in the way of the eternal perspective of things. This life is so short and only probationary. We are here to chose Heavenly Father and obey His commandments. Everything else is secondary. We know what we need to do to be happy, it just takes effort. The wonderful thing about the gospel and our families is that we never have to do it alone. I know that if I need anything I can rely on my family who has supported me so much on this adventure I am having. Thank you so much to everyone who is praying for me and giving me the love I need seguir adelante (to keep pressing forward). I love you!

Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment