Monday, August 26, 2013

Texas: Week 11

NEWS GALORE!!!!!! So first I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and love for my family and for Heavenly Father in this moment that I want to talk about. I have so many people supporting me back home and sacrificing so much for me to be here and I dont think they understand just how much every letter, every package, every single little thing they do means to me. I have waited for this opportunity to serve a mission for years and years, and now that it is finally possible I just feel inadequate and like I've wasted time before now. I feel so undeserving of all of this support and love. I pray for each and every one of you and I hope you feel those prayers because I definitely feel yours.
 
I love you guys so very very much and I hope you feel the spirit confirm the words of my heart that I have written.
 
The reason I am feeling so much gratitude today is because I am 90% sure I AM GOING TO ARGENTINA!! I have been writing my companion from the MTC that is in Neuquen right now and she has been bugging the assistants for like 2 months now about who is coming and they told her that I am. I dont have my visa yet but they are going to send me over there (like they did with her) and wait for my residential visa there. I can go in on a tourist visa for 3 months and that should be enough time for me to get my residential visa. This is what she heard from the office over there, but I havent heard anything over here yet, which is why I'm not 100% sure. Transfers are next Tuesday so I still have a week, but I have been feeling pretty strongly that I was going, which I thought was weird because I hadnt heard anything, but it feels right. I'm scared to death, dont get me wrong but finally having an attitude of gratitude, life is awesome and so is the Lord's plan!
 
This week has actually been super difficult because so many people have come and gone. It is hard not to think that it is just because of your lack of teaching skills, but I am trying my best and learning more every day. We found a few new people that actually looked promising, but they are avoiding us. One guy, who actually walked up to our car, seemed like he really liked the Restoration and wanted to learn more. We set up an apointment with him, confirmed it an hour before and brought a member. We were so ready to help him come to church, but when we got there he wouldnt answer the door or the phone. We called later. Ok well I just actually got a call from the assistants that said I'M GOING TO ARGENTINA FOR SURE!!! I would revise what I said early but I am running out of time. I am leaving on Sunday at 1:15!!! DONT SEND ME MAIL OR PACKAGES UNLESS YOU SEND IT TODAY!!! I dont have the details of everything I need to send you so you will have to wait for two weeks or so. I'M GOING! Life is wonderful and the church is TRUE! I need to go, but I love you all like crazy!!! 
 
Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment