Saturday, May 25, 2013

Texas: Week 4

HOLY SMOKES!!! 
 
This has been one crazy week. We havent been doing super well in our area still, but we are learning so much from it. Most people that are catholics here are not willing to change. We taught a man and he refused to ask Heavenly Father if our message was true. He said he would ask his priest. Yeah it is super hard and frustrating when the members lose their spirit, but we are pushing through! I learned so much from exchanges last week. I dont think I mentioned that they were happening but we had a day with the "sister-training leaders". They came in and tried to help us see how we could improve in missionary work. I wanted to focus on discerning the needs of the investigators and I learned how to do door contacting in a different way that has been so much more effective. We have been turning to the Lord more than ever and I am definitely seeing how having these struggles make the miracles that much sweeter! I really want to go to Argentina but I also want to continue working here. I think one of the main reasons I want to go is so that I wont have to train someone after my 12 weeks in a spanish area when my spanish is pretty much comparable to a 3 year old.
 
I said that I wanted to focus on finding the needs of others and I learned a lot that I have implemented, but I also wanted to learn about how to work with members. The members here have seen so many people get baptized and then go into inactivity. We have a crazy number of inactives here and I can see how discouraging it is. We have one of the recent converts, who just got baptized in February, have the preacher from the Church of Christ come over and pretty much tell her how the church was established and we are not it. False. We are the only church that has the fulness of the gospel and it saddens my heart that not everyone wants to partake of its awesomeness. I love Heavenly Father so much and I could not be more ecstatic about having this opportunity to bring His children to the knowledge of the truth. In this process, I am learning more than I thought I could and I feel His constant presence through the Holy Ghost. This morning I was feeling uneasy and started reading through some of the scriptures that my companion from the MTC gave me (Hermana Canada) about peace. The one that specifically touched my heart was John 14:12. I know the first part by heart, but the second part was what I needed to hear. I seriously love you all and I hope that you are all well.
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
 
Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment